This session is aimed at staff that work with, or oversee others who are dealing with property management on a day to day basis. The session will focus on practical aspects of property management and the importance of the contracts between the parties.
The session will cover the following topics:
- PROPERTY DISREPAIR
- When can a tenant call the environmental department into a property?
- What can the Local Authority enforce under HHSRS?
- What other penalties could be incurred?
- Retaliatory eviction – Deregulation Act 2015 – what can be enforced
- Your duty to ensure the landlord is not in breach
- Action a tenant can take if the landlord is in breach
- Tenant wanting compensation
- Tenant introducing an occupant
- Tenant liability for damage
- Can one tenant successfully give notice if other tenants want to stay?
- Early surrender of the tenancy
- HMO PROPERTY
- The three types of HMO and what defines them
- The criteria taken into account for a licence to be granted
- Minimum room sizes
- Offences and penalties
- PROPERTY PROBLEMS