Estate Agents are now under increasing pressure to comply with their legal requirements. Greater scrutiny will be taking place in relation to Money Laundering Issues; data protection requirements have been extended; the Advertising Standards Authority is frequently taking action against agents for misleading advertisements. In addition agents are facing greater competition from online organisations for business.
However traditional agents who are knowledgeable can offer a better service and are more likely to win instructions.
This course is designed to provide agents with that knowledge. It is therefore ideal for both those with limited experience in the industry and also as a refresher course for those with more experience who may not have been on a training course for some time.
The day will cover the following topics:
- Anti-Money Laundering: essential compliance measures
- Data Protection: the requirements of the 2018 Act
- Your legal responsibilities to vendors and applicants
- An understanding of Consumer Protection Law in relation to your customers and your marketing and advertising
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Cancellation of Contracts
- For Sale Boards: the legal requirements
- Basic land law
- Conveyancing and the legal process for sale
- Issues that can be encountered: searches, planning, building regulations, listed buildings, covenants etc