This half-day course is aimed at all those staff who deal with the return of the tenant’s deposit at the end of the tenancy and who therefore get involved in claims by the landlord on that deposit. It will concentrate on the practical aspects of how to judge what a tenant is responsible for and how to cost this out. It will also look at the best way to lay out a claim so that it is clear to all parties including, if necessary, the adjudicator.
This course will cover the following topics:
- What a landlord is entitled to claim for
- What a tenant is liable for
- What the limits are to a landlord’s claim
- What you can do during a tenancy to make sure that the return of the deposit goes smoothly
- How you calculate what the tenant should pay
- The do’s and don’ts of laying out a claim.
- Dealing with tenant (and landlord) objections
- Submitting a dispute