This course is designed for all agency staff who have dealings with the public via email, over the phone or face to face and have encountered problems. The course looks at how difficult behaviour can impact on the work place and how to start to manage and take control of the situation.
The day will cover the following topics:
- What triggers difficult behaviour
- How different types react differently to the same situation
- How assertiveness is different from aggressiveness
- Starting to become assertive
- Keeping control and taking positive action
- Recognising different behaviour and dealing with it