This course is aimed at potential managers, newly appointed managers or managers who wish to review and upgrade their skills. The day aims to deliver a diverse range of topics that will equip the complete manager to deal with the realities of running a department, branch or business.
The day will cover the following topics:
- Core responsibilities of a manager
- The role of the manager/leader in differing circumstances
- The demographics of your business and the core principles — if you don’t know what you want, no-one else will
- Exploring new business opportunities
- Delegation — the difference between delegation and task allocation; how to successfully delegate to the right person
- Target setting — developing the business through your team.
- Staff motivation — a manager cannot achieve goals without the buy in of the staff. How does this happen?
- Redirecting staff behaviour — how to successfully tackle a staff member who is underperforming in output and/or attitude